Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Been off for 3 months....

10 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all,
According to the Mental Health Commission of Canada, we are the greatest resources to this psychological SARS of the 21st century, I have been reading some posts and hear of the stigma and discrimination. This is against the law.

If you feel this is occurring use your union, professional organization or Ontario Human Rights Commission, government etc. This is how we as a group can catalyze change.
10 years ago 0 11210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Teco,

I am sorry to hear about your disappointment with not getting the Assistant Manager position. Perhaps they didn't want to overwhelm you with a new title right on your return? Who knows their reasoning but try not to take it personally. Keep focusing on getting well. There will be lots more opportunities to get ahead in your career once you are feeling better. Having too much responsibility early in recovery is not a good idea anyways so maybe it is for the best?

That's great that you had a good day where you were able to get some housework and banking done. This is a big deal! You will still have days that are not as good - this is normal. Try to push yourself to do one productive or pleasant activity on these days too. For healthy people motivation to do an activity normally proceeds taking the action but when depressed you have to take action without the motivation. This is hard but it is important as after you get going you should see small or even big improvements in mood! Be sure to track everything you notice in your Thought Records.

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
On another note, I just received a memo from my boss via email.  he just appointed the receptionist(who has been there a year) assistant manager.  This is a big upset for me. Ive worked there fifteen years as accounting clerk.  For three years before they hired her, I practically was the manager but never given the title.  Now he has appointed her????  I feel punished for being on my sick leave.   :-(
Hi well  went back to the doctor and got off the Welbutrin.  That made a big difference!  It was making me feel awful!  Now I am on Effexor.  Only been on a few days but I do feel better off that Welbutrin!
Some days I feel energetic and I do all my housework, and do some baking(which I enjoy). This is what I did yesterday... but now today I am tired.. so maybe I overdid it?

It takes time Teco. Be easy on yourself.

I'm sorry to hear about your meltdown on Friday. That sounded very hard. I'm glad you got through it though and were able to get more time of work in order to focus on getting well.

Not being where you want to be yet is ok. Setting small goals for yourself at first can help. Working on the program can help you to set these small, managable goals. Medication can be helpful in allowing people to focus on treatment but it can be challenging finding the right medication and medication (in most cases) should only be used as a temporary relief method. I hope you start to feel better soon. Remember to look for small changes. We're here for you.

Ashley, Health Educator
Hi thanks for the reply.  It is hard not to worry.  I will check out the session you referred to.  I see my doctor this week.  She may give me more time off, because I think I need my meds changed.  I had a really bad week last week... Friday I had kind of a meltdown.  I was very upset, crying uncontrollably, hubby had to come home from work....  It was not a good day. Im still not in a great place, so I hope to see her tomorrow.....Wellbutrin doesn't seem to be the one for me..... As well I have asthma.... and my asthma has been terrible the past two weeks.  I think it may be the Wellbutrin causing that as well!  So I need to get it switched.....
Id like to spend my time off getting back to my old self... being able to exercise(I cant because of how bad my asthma is right now)  Id love to get out more, and feel better. I am just not at that point yet...  You would think after 3 months, and 3 different drugs tried... ???
Hi Teco,

I also replied to you in another thread. Thank you for adding some details of what you have been going through. I can really read how anxious you are about going back to work. I'm sorry you have to be going through this depression while at the same time worrying about a deadline of when you have to return to work. This must be very trying.

Right now try not to focus on going back to work, focus on getting healthy. I know that's easier said then done - check out the session on Worry for some excellent worry stopping techniques that may help you.  Try also focusing on this program and setting goals for yourself as I mentioned in a previous post. Your not in this alone - we'll help you get through this. You still have some time off - how do you want to spend it?

Ashley, Health Educator
Hi, I am new....   I am being treated for depression by my doctor over the past 3 months.  I left work on a sick leave 3 months ago... I have a return date of Sep 30 so far....  This is causing me great anxiety because I don't feel well yet...  I am on my 3rd medication(Wellbutrin) and this is my 3rd week on that.  This past week I have felt terrible.  Really depressed, crying etc... I see her again in 2 weeks.  Im so nervous to return to work, but we are struggling financially with me being off..... I don't know what to do!

Reading this thread: