Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Constant anxiety that doesn´t go away!

7 years ago 0 11210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Shannyb520,

All the symptoms you mention can be anxiety. If you have seen doctors multiple times and they keep saying there is no other concerns then you have to believe them at least for the time being. Work on challenging your anxious thoughts and managing the anxiety. Expect that it will take time to overcome. If you see no change despite consistent effort and periods of no anxiety due to your hard work and you still experience symptoms then perhaps return to the doctor. But I have a hunch you will notice the symptoms lessoning once the anxiety lessons. It has been quite a few days since you posted last. How are you feeling?
Ashley, Health Educator
7 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hello,

So I've been suffering with panic attacks for a few years but over the past 8-9 months I've developed new symptoms of anxiety that I never had before. I get the usually Short of breath racing heart dizziness  but lately my anxiety doesn't turn off. I have constant hot flashes sweaty palms and then have panick attacks in between with the old symptoms. My primary care started me on Celexa 20mg three weeks ago and refer s me to psych. My question is has anyone felt the constant hot flashes and sweaty palms. I'm talking first thing in the morning as soon as I wake up. I can't get out of my head and fear I have some sort of illness I've had multiple blood test over the pat few months and ER visits every doctor claims everything is normal but I feel out of body for most of the day. Very rarely to I have any relief! Is this really GAD like I'm being told? I'm turning into a hypochondriac and it's ruining my relationship with my fiancé.

Reading this thread: