Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,479 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

You´re not alone today

10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi wolfman welcome to the support group. 

I would have to agree with Davit. We pretty much have and are working the program to some degree and we do it at our own pace around here. We support each other where we can. Sometimes we start new threads and we post on many different types of subjects in the forum. Some are serious and some not but they are all part of the process. So post  when ever the mood strikes you..Sometimes it helps to just get you thoughts out.

Red..
10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome wolfman

Basically we do the program at our own speed and share and support with each other and we get better. Some of us are panic attack free and some like me have been for years. I'm off meds now too. Some are gone from the site but still in contact. Some have got what they could and moved on.

Davit
10 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm new this I had my first panic attack 2mth ago I had to call 911 I thought I was going to die.I have had about 5big ones since then and some small ones. I'm on med they seem to help. I just would like to know what happens with everyone else
Ashley, Thanks for being here and for the advice..

Davit, My child hood holidays were not a pretty picture either. My parents were functioning alcoholics meaning they both worked and had good jobs so we did have food and shelter but the holidays and day to day life was tough. So I guess that does play a part in how I see the holidays. Which is why they are so important to me and why I try to make the holidays a pleasant time, fixing a nice dinner and such. This is my little Christmas wish each year. So I try to do something positive on the holidays through out the year. I guess I am just to anxious about it all and try to hard because I fear that something will happen to spoil it. So maybe I will just not try so hard anymore and relax with it and who I am instead..
When you share a life with someone else I guess you have to realize they probably have some of their own negative cores beliefs that play into it too..and maybe their Christmas wish differs from yours. Maybe they miss their perfect family holiday gatherings that they once had because there kids have all grown up and their parents have passed but so have yours. So maybe you are ready to move on and they are just not ready to do so yet. They are yearning for good old days and you yearning for the good days to come.

I am moving forward and looking for Happy Days in the coming year.. 
Happy New Year Everyone...
Red..
Red

I lived with Jennie for twelve years and we did things together, celebrated the holidays with gift giving and all the usual things. We visited friends too. But I always felt alone. I always felt as though I was missing something. We never ever became one. I know now it was a core belief built from too many wrecked holidays as a child and it is me that is at fault. 
I'm actually more comfortable alone at this time of year. It is something I'm used to. I prefer it.

I would love to be able to overcome my core and be one in thought and heart with someone else.

Happy New Year Ashley.
All the best to you too Kama, may this be a fine year for you too.
May everyone have a Happy New Year.

Davit
10 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone,

How are you feeling today Kama? You are not alone. We are all here and thinking of you. If you are still feeling alone today let that be motivation to try to set some goals. Sometimes bad feelings can really push us in the right direction if we allow them to. What can you work towards to add more social activity in your life? I know you might not feel up for much right now but every little bit helps and really adds up.

Hi Red,
It's inspiring to hear how positive you try to be even when feeling alone. I think many couples struggle with this and sometimes there are underlying causes. For example, partners of people who have untreated ADD often struggle with feeling alone due to the nature of the disorder. All I know is relationships take constant maintenence and there is always something to work on. Aim for progress. Maybe this New Year is a year to start new communication patterns. If you feel alone be sure to talk about it with him. I'm sure you already have but when your fulfillment is in question you may have to look for new ways to convey your points. Remember gentle, kind, honest starts to potentially conflict ridden discussion is the best way to ensure your feelings are heard.

Forgive me if I am giving advice where I shouldn't be...I just wish only the best for you Red.

Lots of positive vibes to everyone today!

Ashley, Health Educator
Ashley,

I thought I was. Thanks for the reminder that I am not alone. I have given it a good try today and have had some obstacles thrown my way as usual. I will keep at it until I succeed in making this a positive day after all it is a new year.

I do find it ironic how I can have someone in my life and still feel alone in it after all these years especially on holidays.

I will be glad when the holidays are over, than I can back to life as usual again..

Red.

10 years ago 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you canadianjem!
That's great you've found some satisfying ways to keep busy! They sound very productive too! :)
I don't have regular access to computer or internet. So surfing, chatting & even doing the program here is not often an option! 
I only get to pop in sometimes & don't get a lot of time.
Happy New Year to you!

And Happy New Year Davit! May 2014 bring you lots of good health & times, peace & all your heart desires!!!

Don't post your address on the site. The moderators can trade them for you off site if you want by simply letting them know to.

Davit
10 years ago 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OMG..sorry for the horrific spelling!  Yikes

Reading this thread: