Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

How do you really feel?

10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I do this most every day.
I just wish that some of the people I deal with would return the favor and quit feeding me a constant diet of negativity..My doctor has nothing positive to say even when I am doing things right and my labs look great..He only sees thing in black and white, with his all or nothing thinking. He even accused me of not doing all the walking that I say I do because I have not lost weight..I was so depressed by his statement during my last visit that I told him that I hate the clinic and that it is very stressful for me being there. Then I said well I don't hate you but this is hard on my blood pressure. I find that people have no trouble telling me how they feel but are not to receptive when I return the favor..I mean if I you feed me is a diet of negativity and see nothing good in anything that I am doing, like my my blood sugar and A1c labs results being almost perfect and my cholesterol being great because of all the hard work I put in changing my diet and lifestyle plus quitting smoking..How can the people not expect to get nothing but what they deserve a honest reaction to their negativity and to hear how I Really feel about seeing them..These are not people that I need in my life at all..I was so depressed by their negative messages that keep playing in my head this morning and I almost gave up and didn't go for my walk today..but I went anyway because the walks make me feel better both emotionally and physically. They call themselves doctors. Doctor of What? I guess they are doctors of misery..

Red..
10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think that when I express myself, I may say more than necessary.

I just wish I could assert myself more promptly, and more often.
10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It isn't that tough for me, I just pick up the pieces and move on like most of the new generation. No sense fighting something I can't fix. And I'm okay with it. The hard part is telling if some one is honest or just mad. If you lash out you're damned and if you don't it means you don't care. And in a lot of cases sorry means as little as I love you. It all depends on the person receiving it whether they believe you. And you have to mean both whether or not you are believed.

Davit.
10 years ago 0 11212 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's a tough one Davit. All you can do is be honest. It is the other person's choice whether they take what you say positively or negatively and it if your choice whether you keep saying it or not. If there are other issues going on mentally or historically sometimes those issues need to be dealt with first by seeking therapy or self healing. Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ashley

I'm going to bounce this back at you. First the answer is less than two weeks ago. Now, how do you get some one to believe you when they are in a negative mood and no matter what you say it will be taken wrong or coloured by some mistake you made ages ago? When do you give up and quit trying? Enough of this and you start to believe it. When do you walk away and start over. Core beliefs are too easy to build to let some one mess with your mind.
And you can love some one and not like them. You can love someone and hate things they do.

Davit.
10 years ago 0 11212 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
When was the last time you told someone what you really think? I mean what you really, REALLY think.

This is a tricky question, in this society of surface smiles and actions it can be hard to know if someone is being completely honest with you. It can also be hard to be completely honest with someone else. If we all told everyone exactly what we think boy could our lives get messy! But sometimes, it is important to tell people what we really (really) think. How much you appreciate someone is one of those times. The common standby is “I love you” and this has varying meanings depending on the relationship and the individuals but does it really convey how you really feel?

How can you make someone fully understand how much you appreciate them? And if you are able to articulate it how would that effect the person? My guess is it would have a REALLY big impact. Not only would it remind them know their own worth (sometimes we can forget) but it would also encourage them to continue to act in the unique way that makes them beautiful (the unique way you appreciate them).  So, how can you let someone know how you REALLY feel today?  Make it happen and let us know about it.

Reading this thread: