Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Sleeping well?

10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have no trouble falling asleep my problem is staying asleep..I would love to get 8 hours sleep every night..
I do get more sleep now that I have been doing Cbt for a few years..I used to get 4 hrs max now I get 6 at best..and once in a while I get 7...I am hoping once I got somethings off my plate, things will settle down and I will get more sleep. 

Red..

Hugs you have the right idea on needing to stop belittling yourself by comparing yourself to others from your past. Have you thought about making a list of all the things that you have achieved in your life..I am sure there are many. You just have to look in the right places..Everything counts, you know, things both big and small..Like how you care for your mom and the garden you are growing for yourself and her. These are just some of the great things that you have done and achieved. These things do make a huge difference in your life and someone else's life too. I am sure you can come up with more if you look at yourself objectively.

Red.

10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs

Why? What is your definition of success? Hell I don't measure up to half the people I know and I don't care. In the end I'll be just as dead as them and they won't be remembered any longer than me. I want to be remembered for what I did not who I was.

What do you do for the restless sleep?  I'm up too early because I can't sleep. I'll get a nap when the heat hits and it is going to hit today.

Davit.
10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I made the mistake of researching two high school students from my past, and comparing myself to them, with restless sleep following, since I didn't measure up.  This is a bad habit I need to break.
10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I get to sleep to ensure I get 9 hours daily.  Starting with relaxation exercises is essential for me. 

Winding down start long before I go to sleep, by avoiding tv, and things that might stress me mentally, including rigourous exercise.  Gardening is fine, since fatigue helps me sleep.

Meditation is the last thing before falling asleep.
Getting into a nice shower and then  putting on a nightgown or whatever early in the evening and allowing myself time to relax before getting into bed for the night. Maybe a little lite reading too if needed.. That's what works for me..

Red

10 years ago 0 11210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
We’re sure you’ve heard it before but we can’t emphasize it enough – getting enough sleep at night is crucial to maintaining your good health. Your stress levels, mood and immune system are just a few of the things that are negatively affected when you don’t get enough sleep. The average American gets only 6.9 hours a night – not enough compared to the recommended 8 hours.

Here are some more tips to help you get a good night sleep:

•    Create a good sleeping environment
•    Get started in an exercise routine
•    Limit food and beverage intake before bed
•    Don’t drink caffeinated beverages 4 hours before bed
•    Try relaxation or deep breathing techniques
•    Make a ‘to- do’ list before bed

How do you ensure you sleep well at night?

Reading this thread: