Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

How do you find quiet?

11 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Carmie

Good to see you are fine.

Davit
11 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Davit,

Thanks for letting me know.

Hi Carmie, 

Good to hear about how wonderful you are doing now!  

Hi Hugs,

I love that idea of going on a retreat!

Shari
11 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I do progressive relaxation, but forgot that it's quiet.  I've also gone on retreats which are silent.
11 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Shari,

I wanted to share that I take 15 minutes out of each day for meditation and it does wonders.  Also, it is absolutely amazing the effect that mindful breathing can have on me.  It helps me to be very still and focused and calm - and quiet.
11 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Shari

My Email is not working right now, sorry. I'm trying to fix it.

Davit
Forgot the most important ones.  I begin my day with prayer and meditation and it helps me to remain in a quiet state despite what may occur during the day.  I handle things better and with less anxiety.

Shari
Hi,

I love to take nature walks in a local wooded park with winding pathways.  It's cool and comfortable even in the summer.  I like to knit and read and listen to soothing classical music.  I also have my alarm set to a classical music station, so I don't get a jolt in the morning :)  I like to swing on my porch swing and sit outside on the well cover in the backyard with my dogs and enjoy watching them play.  Sometimes just a nice shower and getting into pajamas is relaxing.  Drawing, painting, arts and crafts are all soothing.  They are all conducive to peace and quiet.  Sometimes I do circle word puzzles to quiet my mind.  I also like emailing, writing in my journal and in general and posting and surfing the net and researching new things.  And, having a decaf at the coffee shop.  The list goes on and on...

Shari
11 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What are your favourite ways to find quiet in your life?

Reading this thread: