Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,461 Members

Please welcome our newest members: splumley, Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA

"I want" instead of..

9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
JayDee

Thank you. It is all about control isn't it. This is what gets you above coping and on your way to cure. Who has the bigger stick, you or anxiety. Coping skills are still important for those days when you are so tired it seems to be winning. "I want to" is just one way of telling it to get lost, you will find other ways to build on this. Other positive thoughts to replace the negative ones.
I must tell Juanita it worked for you, she will be pleased, it worked for her to cross bridges and gave her freedom in other situations.

Davit
9 years ago 0 219 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I went to Grocery store today and got enough groceries for a week. Thanks to another member on this board for the wise words of "I want" instead of the negative thoughts I was thinking. If not for those profound words that I put in my head last night and this morning. Instead of thinking about the what ifs, I used "I want to go to the grocery store. Success!!! Thanks to Davit for the impact.

Jaydee

Reading this thread: