Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,473 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Achieved a long time goal today!

11 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks, Red, Bren, Hugs, and Ashley!!

Happy to report that the drive went smoothly and we had fun in the process.  I happened to see a weather report indicating that there might be severe thunderstorms on our drive home...but I reminded myself that this was only a possibility and nothing that I could control. 
I focused on enjoying the company of my family and really didn't worry at all on the ride home. I realize now that for me, the key to being successful with this process is Practice.  I am getting better at focusing on the present and this very moment.  For me, there isn't anything to worry about in the present - my anxieties are really tied to events in the past or what I fear might happen in the future.  When I am truly "in the moment", I only have things to be thankful for and nothing to fear.
I saw Deepak Chopra speaking on television recently.  He has a watch that only says "NOW".  That really resonates with me.  It is the absolute most important time for me - and when I remember that, I am much happier and peaceful.
Wishing all of you similar happiness and peace!
Carmie
11 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Carmie,

Haven't read here in a while..Congrats on making your 8 mile run and good luck with your drive to NYC in the heat..

11 years ago 0 424 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you!!!!!!!!!!
I am sure that means so much to you!!!
Congrats!
Bren
11 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Carmie,

Although you think your goal was to beat 8 miles as a distance, it seems as though there's something else which you're trying to break through...
11 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for sharing Carmie!

Congrats on running 8 miles today! I had a little chuckle about you tripping on the root - I do that all the time when in the woods . I'm glad it was the little shake you needed to get back to you and away from the Panic. I hope you were present to this HUGE achievement. Very impressed.

Good luck with your drive. It is incredibly hot in Toronto which is a ways away from NYC but if it is anything like it is here your in for it. But I know it is nothing you can't handle and it's great you will be in the car. Focus on the success you had today.

I will be thinking of you, sending cool energy your way

Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi!  I'm happy to report that I was able to run 8 miles today!  It's something that I should have been physically able to do for a few months now but mentally, I seemed to have a block when it came to this distance.
 I'm following a training plan and today was the day I was supposed to run for 8 miles and I had a long list of excuses why I shouldn't do it today - but I tried anyway.  At one point in the run, I went through the woods on a trail, I began to panic (which I don't normally do anymore).  I reminded myself to focus on the moment, on the present, and to enjoy the run.  It was at that time that I tripped over a root, but I caught myself and didn't fall.  For some reason, this little event restored all of my faith again.  After that slip, my panic symptoms went away and didn't return for the rest of the run.
I've been nervous off and on since returning.  I have a long car journey to go on this evening (to NYC to pick up a relative I haven't seen for almost 30 years).  It's supposed to be very hot down there.  That makes me a little nervous but I am focusing on the fact that we will be in the car or the airport for most of the time.  I have to find my spirit of adventure and a way to embrace the uncertain and to enjoy the journey.  That's my plan for enjoying this weekend.  I hope that you all find a way to enjoy yours!  Carmie

Reading this thread: