Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,496 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Some of my accomplishments.

12 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
About 2 nights ago, I went for a drive at night. I can't even remember the last time I was out at night and I felt really afraid when I realized how much more difficult it is to see in the dark. But I drove the teeny bit that I always do in the day time. I should acknowledge that as the fact that I did it, even if it was scary. It was shocking to me in a way since I used to party and hang out and drive around at night but now it's like a whole different world to me. 
12 years ago 0 252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone...

It is sure good to hear how everyone is doing and about how much progress everyone is making....
This group has really turned out to be a very positive thing...I think we inspire each other...

I am looking forward to the next update from everyone....

Red
Hi Davit, it sounds like you are always progressing and persevering. Cheers and luck to the relationship.
Hi Sunny, sounds like you guys are building something special. Thanks for sharing your walking experience.. that's pretty much how it is for me. 
Hi ~m, I wish energy came in more handy too. I like your collage even if it's only a segment of it.. I bet the whole this is really nice.

I became a werewolf again last night. Every time I'd fall asleep I'd wake myself with panic. I was so scared and discouraged and I thought I would never sleep again. Now it's the morning and I feel a bit silly for thinking what I thought at night. I feel fine in the morning but at night, it's like I'm a different person. But the positive is that I know I still did fall asleep and I'm feeling fine now. The day is bright and there are warblers dancing in the tree in front of me. Also I made a call to the therapist! I couldn't talk to her though because it was her machine. But I feel proud that I picked up the phone and dialed... it took me about 30 min to get myself to do it.. I was so  nervous! But too bad she didn't pick up.
12 years ago 0 376 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So lovely to hear such positivity from all of you.  Inspiring too, of course.  I'm still working to get where you are, Sunny and Davit... but getting closer and not falling down so much (at least better able to get up quickly!).  I am inspired by your walking Anerol & Red.  This is my next goal to get myself moving more... to pay attention to my physical health.  I keep thinking I need time and energy to make a full go of it and really... if I could just follow your lead and walk a little bit to start that would be progress enough. 

Thanks for asking about my picture... it is just a small part of a picture/collage I worked on during my summer break from babysitting.  It was a wonderful lesson in how the process is more important than the final destination.  Although I must admit, I do love the completed work.  Doing it helped me get through some intense "core belief" work.  I wish I could post the whole thing for you all to see.  

And finally... another cool quote:  "At the end of the day, you can focus on what's tearing you apart, or what's holding you together."
12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi anerol

It depends how you see it. I am tired and sore. And of course that causes anxiety. But it doesn't go to panic. It tries but it doesn't happen. We are cramming in a lot of landscaping on top of the gardening and we are happy so it is all worth it. What can I say. New relationships can be tough but only as tough as we let them be. 
I am so glad you are progressing. Time, patience and acceptance will get you where we are, remember we have been working at it a long time.

Davit.

Hi:  Yes, new experiences, though fun and exciting, can be stressful too.  Remember the example of the surprise birthday party where the stress of the surprise (heart beating faster, breathlessness and maybe flushing) though a happy time does cause stress - all part of life.  Because I am creative, I have lots of ideas re: above landscaping etc. but easy does it, one day at a time and quit when you feel tired.  This might take lots of planning and forethought but all very positive.  I always feel the journey is just as much fun as the goal.  Planning things is so exciting.  I can put all my past experience with my perennial gardens to use.

I am happy to hear of your walking 3 houses today!  Good for you, way to go.  Just add an extra house every now and then and don't forget to celebrate your joy of the beautiful day and your progess.  When I was really sick I hated to walk, so afraid I wouldn't get back home again.  I started small, just down to the corner, one street at a time and I did it on a regular basis even if I didn't feel like it.  If I didn't walk as far one day as the day before, that was o.k.  I was happy that I got out and got some fresh air.  Before long I was back to my regular walks to the beach and back - about an hour.  Keep the faith and BELIEVE.  You're on the right track. (no pun intended, lol). 
 Sunny
Davit & Sunny- how are you guys doing? Thanks for the encouragment. You guys always make me happy.
Red, I'm glad I was able to inspire you, that even boosts up my happiness. And you always inpire me too. 
~M,Thank's for the ggreat quote! I really need to remind myself that every day. And I love your image, is it one of your creations?

Today I went 3 houses down! And it was so refreshing. I love the mornings. Even if it's just 3 houses down, my body gets really warmed up and reminds me that I'm well and alive. Last night I started on a new painting. I feel like a werewolf because at night I get depressed but in the morning I'm happy.

12 years ago 0 376 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone... good to see folks posting again.  I would just like to add this helpful bit of advice I found on a web site recently:

"Let whatever you do today... be enough."

Sounds like you are managing to do that Anerol... it's good to hear you sound so upbeat.  congrats!

12 years ago 0 252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi anerol,

I really enjoyed reading your post this morning...It's so good to hear you being so positive and upbeat this morning..You are really getting good at replacing the negative thoughts with positive ones...and I noticed how you are starting to give yourself credit for all your accomplishments..It really makes me feel good to see how well you are doing..You even inspired me to get out for a walk this morning...I am looking forward to reading your next update.

Till next time...
Red
12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Anerol

Congratulations. No pressure is the object, just do what you can and enjoy it as it happens. it will get easier.

Davit and Sunny.
Yesterday I was supposed to go to the library but I couldn't make it all the way. It had been awhile since I went out. The good thing about it was that I went half way. I attempted and I went farther than our usual drive. I also enjoy the residential area even if I was in the car. It was a peaceful moment. This morning, I woke up early and went for a teeny walk. Maybe I walked about 2 houses down but it was such a beautiful morning that it made me happy. 

Reading this thread: