Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,473 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Not In the Mood?

11 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi V,
I went to the gym, and felt inspired by watching the olympics on the big screen tv as I was on the treadmill.  Some of the braver althletes have spoken of their struggles with mood disorders, and this inspired me this morning as I awoke.
I admired the athletes focus on the constructive goals of achieving, versus ruminating, worrying and losing their way, as an example of our daily lives' struggles.

Sometimes gardening is okay, but sometimes I think it's a chore, since there are so many competing chores.
11 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi hugs4U,

Sorry to hear you are going through a rough patch emotionally.  What are things you can do creatively to release those emotions?  For example, many people will journal, dance, draw etc..  What do you enjoy doing that you can channel your emotions into?

Vincenza, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'll never forget my cousin stating she wasn't in a "party mood".  Today, with things swirling around me, I wonder if there's a manual for "mood management".  I feel angry, and frustrated, and don't know what to do these emotions, since I wanted to go near a festival environment, but  feel irritable, and also wish to visit mom in hospital.

I know that "avoiding" my emotions won't help

Reading this thread: