Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

My Mind Doesn´t rest

10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Hug!
Your story about your class is very touching..
As you can see, you must have some very endearing qualities that others in the class noticed that you never realized before. They did make contact with you and even reached out and said Good Bye to you at the end of class..This is one of those special moments..and worth celebrating with some kind of special reward I think..

Now on to your last post I wanted to make a comment. I  think I may get that chatter you are talking about where I just can't focus, I can hear but I sometimes get stuck thinking on what the person said last and then I don't hear what they are presently saying..I am not sure why I need more time to process information when people are speaking to me but I do find it is hard to stay present at times and then I begin to find myself feeling overwhelmed because I just can't catch up. I do ask them to repeat things hoping I didn't miss anything. I find it especially hard when talking to doctors. I go into information overload and get focused on one thing they have said and it's hard for me to move on to all the other stuff they are saying to me..It's like my ears shut off because I am still in the processing of processing what they just said.  It is very frustrating...

Red...

10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks everyone.

I guess I could ask myself why would anyone want to know me since I find myself...and fill in the blanks.   Maybe I was feeling sad.  At another level, anyone is fine the way they are, by virtue of their unique qualities and history.

I don't wish to bring anyone down, but sometimes, that's just where I am, like being in water, but I buoy back up, and can swim, to continue the analogy.

I'll also say that I had to be present enough to even notice what others said in that exercise class, since in the past, people have probably tried to reach me through my barriers, and I just wasn't present enough to notice.

I'm glad, even though it's taken a long time, that I am present some moments.  I couldn't focus this morning at church, but I could "hear" the sermon..    It's just that sometimes those monkeys inside my head increase their noise level.  Maybe arriving earlier is better, so I'm going to alarm my watch to ensure I have some peace on sunday morning too.
10 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Hugs, 

How would you change your question to challenge your negative thoughts?  Clearly there are qualities that others see in you that you may not see or believe in yourself.   It is often easy to minimize our qualities or doubt our abilities...
What are ways in which to improve this?   
Vincenza, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
And after taking a lifetime to become what you are do you want to be anything else, do you think you can be anything else but mostly do you think you have what it takes to try. It will be like going down a steep set of steps in the dark with no hand rail and only knowing we will be a wall to lean on to help you.
We accepted you as you are who else is going to celebrate your attempt if you think there is room for change. Who better to stand by you than us. You are not alone in this.

All of us.
I wasn't my grumpy self, to my surprise, and people even said good bye. 

I don't know why anyone would wish to be around me, since I find myself irritable!     

Off to Tai Chi shortly, but I have to dust the room, since even though I use a humidifier, my mouth is pasty & dry.  I have to wrap my sprained ankle though
Hi Vincenza,

I look forward to your weekend supportive posts!

As for kung foo fighting, I think I have to careful what I wish for, but I am a sucker for uniforms.  Then again, after I was promoted, even the white(or pink for IT) collar casual clothing is a type of uniform.

That struck me that something ordinary can become institutionalized when I watched a situation comedy.  A mother congratulated her daughter after her admission to an Ivy league university with silence, a smile,  and a package with a plaid skirt. 

Her daughter quipped "Am I going to be in a Brittany Spears video"?

I think the connection to something meaningful might be more important than the actual activity, but it too forever to get there.

And I slept soundly last night, until I was awake worrying about mom, and around and around the worry goes...

Red,

Welcome to my life.  For the record, I did see a foot doc to get my nails clipped, and coached me on buying new shoes...which means I have to return to the store to get another pair.

I must be quite the fashion icon at the gym, since I've had 2 different pairs of new shoes in between the ghastly pair I was using.

Maybe my life can become a reality series
10 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi hugs!

I'm excited to hear more about your Tai Chi classes!  It is a great intro in your progression to kung fu fighting 
I have no doubt you can achieve whatever you put your mind to.  I imagine the 'window shopping' for community classes is also rewarding - opening your mind to all the possibilities and exploring your interests.

Even though you may feel you're moving slowly sometimes, it sounds like you're moving in the right direction and that's what counts!
Have a great day,
Vincenza, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs, You made me laugh with your story of getting ready..You  sure painted a comic picture of your morning.
You do have a very good sense of humor..It felt good to laugh..

Glad to hear you enjoyed the class..

Red..

Reading this thread: