Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,493 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

Acceptance of Your Condition(s)

12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs

You can not fix it till you accept you have it otherwise what are you fixing? 
I have an anxiety disorder. 
I have claustrophobic thoughts, I am not claustrophobic. I do not fear being alone.
I have Agoraphobia but not of the older classification. I do not fear open spaces.
I do not have GAD.
I do not have depression, but I do get sad.
I am not bipolar or schizophrenic but do have mood swings.
I have core beliefs but they are not all negative.
I have limited movement and a lot of damage from accidents and arthritis but I am still functional with the use of aids and mind set.
I am still repairing the last ten years mental damage. I have cures that which was before. It is not over.

Does anyone understand my condition? I really doubt it. Sunny does pretty much although ours are different. Yes some one understanding would make a big difference. Don't hold your breath expecting it. Like telling some one blind what a sunset looks like.

Is not part of the reason for the forums just that, that we sort of understand each others condition. And would more if we opened up more.

Davit.
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Denying any condition would reduce application of the aids.  I have a lot of perseverance which helps me(some might see it as obsessive is that reframing or denial?).

I wonder how others feel about accepting their condition(s).
12 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Interesting discussion hugs!

What would it look like is someone were to accept their condition?

Ashley, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs..

This is very interesting and thought provoking thread you have started here..

I think cbt helps one to see the reality of it all and therefore enables a person to interpret the reality of their own personal situation...so that the can move in a positive forward direction with their life..

Red....
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I wonder how easy it's been for others to accept your illness/condition since there are so many other obstacles such as stigmas, navigating the health systems, interpreting reality filtered by the illness

Reading this thread: