Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,473 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Therapist part 2.

12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Anerol,
Not my profession, just a stage of life.  I'm actually feeling a lot of sadness as I go the stages of decluttering.  I'm also taking a course examining core values, and both are shaking me up
12 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi hugs,
that's interesting! I do believe that there is an 'art' to everything even in 'seducing' buyers and such. is that your profession?

Hi Anerol,
I understand how "birthing" a child is like your art now, but had trouble since i don't have visual artistic gifts.  Recently a realtor described home staging as a creative endeavour, so I understand how the loss is a gain of having the ability to give life. 

Home staging is transformative, seducing a buyer by providing a blank slate to imagine her dream home through strategic marketing of the prepared condition, content and appearance of the house.

Just updating:
After, I sent an apology to all the people I've been angry with. And I got a reply from all except one (my ex; who is the main one I've been angry with) but wasn't really expecting any replies. Half was good replies, half were annoying replies. But I've gotten over this already.. wow, just remembering about it seems like already a long time ago. I've been reading a lot of the material that my therapist has given for me to read up on. Been practicing affirmations and relaxation techniques almost everyday.. and trying to counterargue my negative thoughts. But i still do get impatient and i still do pressure myself. The things I've learned is how much of a perfectionist i've really been my whole life!! and now i'm learning to fix that... and i'm also an impatient person so i do get a lot of set backs... but i am really eager and keep telling myself that this will at least take 2 years or more... well.. maybe the amount of the years i've lived with these negative thoughts. I've also got closer with my support person and we've started reading the material together. my number one issue is trusting others. i've been able to tell 2 new people that i have agoraphobia but, am still uncomfortable about it. I'm also thinking I'm ready soon to give medications a try again. But this is also pressuring me because i don't know how i'll get to the doctor's office. I really don't want to and i don't have the will to do it. I'm gonna need a lot of convincing myself. i hope everyone else is doing well. 
Ah, got it. There is a lot binding me when I produce my art, they are my babies. It was really hard for me at first to even think of selling my work, but when I actually sold my first work, I liked the feeling that there was someone out there who enjoyed what I created, enough to buy it. I felt that what ever I put into creating the art work was 'doing it's thing' on it's own now, making people react to it, which was a gift for me.
I have trouble letting go of my past relationships. I tried cutting people out and that actually haunted me more. So I hope this confronting/closure thing will work out for me in the end.
Anerol,
I have trouble letting go of things, let alone in relationships.  I wondered if you have an "attachment" to art, so that when you produce it, there is nothing binding you.

I marvel at a discarded wrapping from anything...on the one thing it shows my awe for life, on the other hand...i have a lot of cleaning up to do.

Fortanately I live a spartan life.
Hugs,
if something sells... well, it depends on what is sold and the meaning of that would change for me. Is that what you mean? 

Vincenza, thank you. I sure hope I'm doing well... I really can't tell when I'm in the mist of it but I do feel like it's a right or some direction. Well, I don't know if it's advice but from what I've learned.. I felt overwhelmed being 'stuck' and going in circles to do something or not because of failure. And at that point, my mind's spinning, I just have to do something.. I had a list of pros and cons for all the decisions I can make and in the end, there's a pro and con to everything.. so I just had to do something and create the answer myself. I just had to make a move, any move.. and then learn from that. My therapist said that M. Jordan failed many times before he got to where he got.

Davit, thanks so much! I will keep you all posted. I am feeling very proud of myself and a relief too.

Well, I got a reply from another person I sent an apology to, and it was a good one. Made me glad that I did it. And then I sent it to another person... but waiting for that reply, I'm very apprehensive. I have like 2 more people to go after this... gulpppp. Someone said something like "Making peace is something to be proud of." which helped for a prideful person like me.

12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
anerol

The biggest best congratulations to you that I can send. Keep us posted, If you are anything like me it will just get better and feel like it belongs and you will be surprised at the new you. A very good very special new you. 

Davit.
12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi anerol,

So great to hear about your progress and that you have been able to move forward from anger related to
past situations/people in your life!  It's a difficult step to take and it sounds like you are doing really well and moving forward in the right direction.  

What would be your advice for people who are 'stuck' in their situations because of fear of failure?

Vincenza, Health Educator
Anerol,
What does it mean to you when something "sells"?  How do you let go of it?  Do you care about how someone will take care of it?

Reading this thread: