Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

presentation/class situations

5 years ago 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Wow! That does sound tough. Your classmates don't sound very supportive. I am sorry you had to go through that

6 years ago 0 11210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Snow,

I am so sorry to read your presentation didn't go as planned. Calling your topic "cheesy" is completely inconsiderate and likely not true. I can also understand why you feel it's unfair you did not get to choose your presentation time and other classmates did. That is unfair!

I imagine that you are continually replaying the event and the embarrassing, uncomfortable feelings you had while doing the presentation. That is really tough. Embarrassment is actually one of the most difficult and painful emotions humans have to deal with. Please give yourself some compassion and allow yourself to feel a bit upset about this. Also, when you are ready, think about what you want to take away from this experience. What can you learn from what happened? How can you improve next time? What do you think you did well in the presentation? 
Ashley, Health Educator
6 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi,
I'm feeling very down. I spent more than a week working on a presentation that seemed to take others a much shorter amount of time. I thought I would do decent, but the feedback I got from the professor was quite bad. They unintentionally mocked the study that I chose to present on as 'cheesy'. 
While I was doing the presentation, the class seemed quite confused. 
I have trouble communicating verbally and it really showed during the presentation.
And at the end of class, we were picking days for future presentation. Everyone who wished to have a choice in it did, but I was the only one in the class who was forced into one that I didn't want to be forced into. 
I recognize that what I'm recounting would probably not be the perspective other students or the professor would take, but this is how I felt and am feeling.
I'm so distraught thinking about going back into that space again.
Thanks for reading,
Snow 

Reading this thread: